Monday, June 28, 2010

Accept the things you cannot change

I am so unhappy with my life. I feel like I am sixteen years old all over again.

As you may have previously read, I met someone whom I thought I might get along well with. This person asked me to be his girlfriend officially after 3 days of knowing me, and I said we should get to know eachother better first. Eff, am I ever glad I made THAT brilliant decision.

After knowing eachother for almost 2 weeks, he began to ignore my phonecalls and make excuses. Eventually, this Sunday, he told me that we never should have met each other. That our lifestyles are too "different" you might say. He is a Christian. I am not. This was very abrupt and I was totally taken aback. He is also younger so I am sure his family played a role in this as well.

Even now, sitting outside the same place where we first met on my break, I have a very tiny hope that he would pull up in his car and apologize and beg me for another chance. Stupid, I know. Wishful thinking.

I guess we all have this idea that Christians are supposed to be upstanding people, so maybe I was a bit jaded in thinking he was just a really nice guy. Not only did he lie, but he hurt my feelings pretty badly.

Now I have to be at work, dealing with this stupid inner turmoil and pretending everything is fine. It is even harder when my coworkers are making silly decisions and annoying me to boot.

I am about ready to give up on my romantic life all together. Every man I have met thus far has not improved my impression of the gender.

I don't know what to do

1 comment:

  1. Or perhaps he wasn't Christian at all. Maybe it was an excuse.

    Read this:

    http://www.fredoneverything.net/HookingUp.shtml

    It isn't very flattering, I'm afraid. Sorry. But if you can be dispassionate as you read you may learn some things you didn't know about the opposite sex in North America and perhaps understand how badly they've been ruined over the last fifty years.

    ReplyDelete