Monday, June 21, 2010

Why we always say goodbye

Wrote this on Saturday...
I have learned a lot of things regarding my "love life" in the past couple weeks. You most definitley cannot control or put into place when you will meet someone who just might be right.

It is an absolutely glorious, sun filled day, and right now, sitting outside on my deck tanning my pasty whites, I haven't felt this peaceful in awhile. I love Saturday mornings.

You can meet new people in the strangest of places. For example, at a gas station, when you don't even own a vehicle.

On my lunch break this week, I went to my usual cigarette spot, behind a gas station across from work. Minding my own business, he stopped for a cigarette next to me and struck up a conversation, which eventually led to him asking for my number. He seemed shy, and like he may not have done that a lot, otherwise I probably wouldn't have given it to him.

He has already called and we have already spent some fun times together. He is very different from me which, in the end, could be a good thing. I don't know where this is going, but right now, I'm just gunna go with it.

So I guess my advice to anyone at all who cares is this: we all need to stop trying to control in our lives what we cannot. When we least expect it, it will happen.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment